Friday, July 27, 2012

 

My brother’s practical test success


My brother just passed his practical driving test.

Yes, yes, well done him – is it wrong to be annoyed?

I am very proud that he’s managed to pass, but there are a few things getting in the way of my happiness for him.

One – he’s younger than me.  Two – he’s younger than I was when I passed.  Three – he passed first time, when it took me four goes!

Well excuse me but I just don’t think that’s fair!  I was definitely ready to pass second time round – I’ll admit my nerves the first time would never have permitted me to pass straight away. 

I still believe that the examiners had something against me.  Maybe they were having a bad day and were just feeling mean?

I’m a safe driver – I really am.  Since getting my full licence, I’ve never had a crash.  I’ve not even scratched paint from the side of my car while parking, or dented the bumper on a hidden bollard.

I suppose I should just try and let go of the grudge I have against three examiners. It all happened quite a while ago now – and the only harm it really did was use up a lot of my hard-earned money…

Well done, brother. Don’t let your head get too big. I’m still better than you at loads of things!

Photo © PhotoOptik via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home