Friday, November 26, 2010

 

Quick, to the Batmobile replica!


I have just heard some news which has made me wish I had a spare £120,000 – not that I don’t always wish I had a spare £120,000.

An American company in Indiana, called Fibreglass Freaks, has made 14 replicas of the Batmobile from the 1960s TV series, Batman. One has already been bought by someone in the UK and shipped across the pond to British soil.

The replica is a fully functioning vehicle and even comes with some Batmobile gadgets such as roll-top dashboard doors and the famous flame-throwing exhaust, which unsurprisingly has had to be toned down for real-life road use.

The car has been modernised a little, with a sound system and DVD player, but this impressive motor vehicle is nearly six metres in length – so good luck finding a parking space.

Still, now that I know they’re available, I can’t help but want a Batmobile of my very own.

Image © Thomas Duchnicki via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home