Wednesday, August 5, 2009

 

Electric shocks from the car? No problem, just drive naked!

Having just got a big shock while getting out my car and getting no sympathy from my fellow car insurance colleagues, I decided to find out how I can stop myself getting electrified every time I get out of my car.

Girls and maybe male ballet dancers are the most prone to getting shocks simply because they are most likely to wear tights which build up static more than any other clothing. Once the static has built up, you are liable to get zapped the next time you touch something metal.

Apparently the best prevention for electric shocks in your car is to drive around naked. However, this may lead to a few crashes and almost certainly is going to get you stopped by the police.

Therefore the best thing to do is keep contact with the metal part of the door while you're getting out and spraying the car with anti-static spray which helps reduce the static build up.

Fingers crossed the spray will work because I don't think the world is ready for seeing me drive around naked.

[Image © r000pert via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence]


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home