Tuesday, June 30, 2009

 

Farewell Farrah and Jacko

I'm writing this on the day that the world lost both Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett (Majors) and I can't really find a connection to link either of them to cars. I suppose the blonde bombshell who played Jill Munroe, one of the original Charlie's Angels, used to regularly have shots taken of her long legs as she got gracefully out of some 70s gas guzzler, but apart from that – I'm stumped!

I did find this rather grainy video of 'Jacko' dancing along in the back of a car to R Kelly's Ignition which was filmed as part of a TV documentary, and I also read about the time he danced on top of a car moments before his appearance in a Santa Barbara court which was deemed by the article's author as "one of the most bizarre moments of my journalism career.", but then that was perhaps part of Jacko's appeal - he wasn't known for his sensible nature, was he?

So, as the world remembers two icons, both who got their big breaks in the 70s, the Hoot team says, "Farewell and thank you."



Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home