Wednesday, July 8, 2009

 

Driving's a beach

Shadow patterns on drifting sand dunes before sunset on Morro Strand State Beach, Morro Bay, CA, by mikebaird.

The Sun has told us we can run our cars on sand!

I live near the beach so I thought I'd be laughing – but no, it's only a special kind of sand found in Canada and Venezuela, and it probably won't be commercially available for a long time.

Meanwhile, I'm sure there are many other forms of alternative fuel out there and here are a few of my innovative ideas that I will be working on in my shed in the very near future.

  1. My boyfriend's football socks – they can walk by themselves so, they must be able to power something.

  2. My little brother's hamster – it goes round and round and round and…

  3. Harnessing the collective disappointment in British sport – Murray at Wimbledon, The Lions in South Africa, the under 21s against Germany in the European Championships and don't forget the Ashes are coming. That should be good for a bit more disillusionment.

  4. Dog Poo – there is so much of it about, surely someone can make it useful for something.

  5. Chocolate – I'm going to stockpile a large supply of Mars, Snickers and M&Ms and find a way to make them power my Punto. And if I can't… well, I'll just have to eat the evidence of my inability to solve the world's energy problems.


Image © mikebaird via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home