Tuesday, September 18, 2012

 

Growing up fast!

It’s so weird. I mean, it was only like a few years ago that mum was always shouting at me that she wasn’t a taxi.

Now I’ve had my own licence for a few years, have been through a Peugeot 206, a Renault Clio, and am now the proud owner of a Vauxhall Vectra (my friends say this makes me square).

If that wasn’t weird enough – on top of actually driving my own car to my own job and being paid in real money, now a few of my friends have gone and had babies.

I often say to them, “C’mon, girls, you’re letting the team down! We’re meant to be the young ones! All the other people are the grown-ups, not us – we’re the kids!”

Still, at least I get to be a godmother, which is pretty cool – although, like I said to Natalia when she asked me if I’d take the job, I’d much rather be known as a godsister to little Keira (it suits me more, I think).

Anyway, I’m still getting my head around things like paying into my pension, paying for car insurance, and saving a deposit for a house. I could do without the added stress of pregnancy, children’s clothes, and the school and nursery run.

On the subject of the school run, What Car? recently discovered that it adds around £52 to the cost of petrol each year. But to be honest, I’m more worried about the 52 extra wrinkles each year you get being a parent.

I’m staying young!!!  

Image © jencu via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home