Thursday, January 27, 2011

 

Oh, yes, my Porsche! I thought you were asking me about soup


Something tells me that Stoke City and one-time potential England saviour Jermaine Pennant probably doesn’t bother comparing the market before he buys his young driver insurance.

If he did, I might feel sorry for him. After all, he is the man who on being contacted by former club Real Zaragoza who were enquiring if he was the owner of an abandoned £98,000 Porsche apparently told them, “Nope, never seen it in my life.”

The club said that although they were sorry to bother him, they had a hunch the sports car might be his. The number plate was a bit of a clue: “P33NNANT”.

“Oh yes, the £98,000 Porsche.,” Pennant might have said. “I though you said, the £98,000 Borscht, – I’ve got a real thing for unbelievably expensive soup, you see, so I’m sure you can understand the confusion.”

And considering that Pennant’s Spanish foray was short-lived – he was only there for three months, during which time he failed to endear himself to coach or fans, managing to be late for training three times in two weeks – I can only hope that he did the sensible thing and bought himself some low mileage car insurance.

Oh well, at least the call from Zaragoza has served some good. Pennant has now been reunited with his personalised number plates, which he now proudly bears on his brand new Ferrari. Let’s hope he remembers it’s his.

But, if by any chance he does forget, I’d be all too happy to help him remember that it’s actually mine and that the little Nissan Micra parked outside my house is in fact his.

image © tony.o’1863, via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home