Friday, June 15, 2012

 

Post office trips


My elderly neighbour is always asking me to drive to the post office for her and collect her most recent purchase from the shopping channel she’s addicted to.

She’s a sweet old woman and bakes me a cake every time to say thank you, but to be honest I was really pleased to hear that Royal Mail will no longer be dropping ‘sorry we missed you’ cards through people’s doors.

Yes, reportedly from now on – unless you opt out of it of course – the Royal Mail will happily deliver your package to a neighbour if you’re not in to receive it yourself.

So, no more trips to the post office for me!

I’ll just have to be careful not to invite my neighbour in when she comes to collect something from me. If I have anything to do that day, I’ll have to cancel. That lady can talk for hours!

Photo © didbygraham via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home