Monday, September 5, 2011

 

Twenty raccoons in the car boot


Do you sometimes find it difficulty to get your dog into the car boot for a trip to the V-E-T?

Well, spare a thought for a family in Portsmouth who choose to share their home with 20 raccoons!

They spend £3,000 a year on them, and don’t go on any holidays because, let’s face it, it’s not like asking someone to pop in and feed your goldfish every day or so is it.

“Raccoons are my life,” the mum of two human children and 20 raccoons stated.

“They are totally part of my family – my husband and kids love them to bits. But they are very clever and quite naughty when they put their minds to it.

“In the wild they are naturally inquisitive scavengers and they are very good with their hands.

“They can go anywhere in the home – but I do try to draw the line at the kitchen. Having said that I saw one trying to copy the way I cut melon for him. I caught him with a knife in his paws trying to help himself to a slice.”

Apparently the animals feel left out if they don’t get taken on the same days out as the rest of the family. If their so clever and inquisitive though, maybe they’ll be found trying to drive the car off one day!

Image © ingridtaylar via Flickr, under Creative Commons Licence

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home